Rebar and Post-Tension Cable Locating
Serving Contractors to Businesses in DFW
Wood Inspection Services Inc can locate rebar and post tension cables in concrete. We provide comprehensive rebar scanning and locate post tension cables in concrete for years. Here are few examples showing post tension cables located inside concrete.
Post Tension Cables are tensioned with thousands of pounds of pressure. When post tension cables are cut not only do they cause expensive structural damage, they can also cause injuries. The cost to repair a cut Post Tension Cable on a high rise building is between $7500 – $10,000.
Get a free quote in Dallas and have us mark and clear the area before you cut, core or drill.
GPR Advantages Over Concrete X-Ray
- Lower in cost
- Only one side of a surface needs to be accessible in order to scan. ( so we can do slab on grade)
- Set up time is nearly immediate.
- Data is gathered very fast and results are produced immediately.
- There is no risk of radiation with GPR., so there is no need to clear the area being scanned.
- Any size area can be scanned without having to set up equipment again.
- GPR has the ability to scan hard to reach areas.
- Thousands of square feet can be scanned in one day.
All of our equipment is registered and meets all standard FCC regulations. Ensure you do not damage the structure by cutting the Post Tension Cable or compromise the structure by cutting rebar!
Determine Depth of the Concrete and Depth of Target
With GPR we are able to give approximate depths of objects in concrete. We are also able to determine the approximate depth of concrete slabs.